- Get Sleep Apnea Diagnosed and Treated Without Leaving Home
Get Sleep Apnea Diagnosed and Treated Without Leaving Home
Now, you can get your sleep apnea diagnosed and treated without leaving your home. If you live in Indiana, Dr. Patel or his nurse practitioner Debbie can see you using American Academy of Sleep Medicine's telemedicine portal! Click here to request an appointment.
This visit will be as detailed as your traditional visit - you will request an appointment, we will do a detailed history and physical examination, and we will design a treatment plan without driving to the clinic. Of course, our staff will miss seeing you, but short of that there is no downside to this.
If you do not have insurance, that is perfect. This visit will cost you only $ 90 for the first visit and $ 60 for the follow-up visits. If you need a home sleep test, we can mail that out to you and on the follow-up visit, we can discuss the results. If you do have sleep apnea, we can discuss the treatment. If you need CPAP (continuous positive airway pressure), we can mail out the latest one from Phillips Respironics. We can monitor the use and success remotely.
One exception, if you are CDL holder or a pilot, we can not treat you using telemedicine. You will have to drive to our clinic in Goshen or in Mishawaka.
If you have insurance, you have to call them and ask - Does my insurance pay for televisits? Are Sneeze & Snooze Clinic and Dr. Patel in my network? If yes, write down the name of the person and the phone number you called, and then pass that on to our billing department and then we shall see you in our teleclinic! You will have to pay the copay and deductibles.
If you have a HSA, you can just use your HSA card to pay. You will be charged $ 90 for the first televisit and $ 60 for the subsequent visits.
We can see you online, answer questions, take detailed history, examine your upper airway, mail you a home sleep test equipment if needed. On a follow-up visit, we can discuss the results of the home sleep test and discuss treatment options. We can mail you CPAP machine and supplies to get your sleep apnea treated. We can monitor your CPAP use remotely on these newer CPAPs.
Confused? Don't be. Drop me a line and we shall clarify things. My email is Doc@SnoozeClinic.com
I am excited that I can serve people from the comfort of their homes. Please look at the pictures below to get an idea on how it works!
- Dr. Patel
This may look like a long, complicated process, but it is not. Also, it beats taking time off, driving to the clinic, and waiting in the waiting room/exam room!
1. When you click here, you will go to American Academy of Sleep Medicine's telemedicine portal https://patel.sleeptm.com and you will see this screen. Request an encounter and continue. If you have already done that before, you can click Join the lobby.
2. Fill out your email, DOB, symptoms, and comments. Hit NEXT.
3. Please fill out your availability and hit NEXT. You should have 20-30 minutes for the whole process.
4. Verify information and SEND.
5. Check your email.
6. Copy the Access Code. You may need it. Click Join the encounter.
7. Choose your state of residence, write DOB, check the box, and read the form and agree.
8. Once in the lobby, you have to Test Your Computer. Please do that.
9. Accept the payment.
10. Pay for the encounter.
11. Allow camera and microphone use.
12. See your doc. Use the chat box to to the right to type.
12. Now, we are live!